string-as-unibyte

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: string-as-unibyte
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:33:02 -0400

Could you explain the need for the change below:

2005-07-16  YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu  <address@hidden>

        * mac.c [TARGET_API_MAC_CARBON] (Fmac_code_convert_string):
        Use Fstring_as_unibyte instead of string_make_unibyte.

My experience is that string-as-unibyte is extremely rarely the right answer
to solve a problem.  If you described your motivation, I could add a comment
in the code making it clear why this is needed here (or else come up with
a better solution).

        Stefan