Re: completing-read (and M-x) with pop-up-frames non-nilchangesframefocu

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: completing-read (and M-x) with pop-up-frames non-nilchangesframefocus
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 18:09:09 -0400

    My bad. So users must set it, to tell Emacs about the window manager. But
    couldn't the default value be defined reasonably for a few common window
    managers?

In most window managers, this behavior is customizable.  And I don't
know if there is even a way to find out which window manager is
running, on most systems.  I don't know if there is a way to find out
what the setting is.

Maybe some X expert could find out to what extent Emacs could
find this out.

    But what about Stefan's patch? It sounded like it might take care of this
    annoyance.

I don't recall what that patch was.

    The problem arises because one frame's minibuffer is expecting input, while
    another frame (*Completions*) gets created and selected (depending on the
    window manager). The input dialog gets totally lost (interrupted),
    systematically.

Why doesn't Emacs move the minibuffer onto the frame that is selected?
I thought there was code to do that.