Emacs and proxy on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Emacs and proxy on w32
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 20:47:53 +0200

I am trying to understand how to get url proxy to work with Emacs on w32. Is it expected to work currently? I can not get it to work.

The only reasonable way to get it to work is perhaps to use winsock, but I am not sure. Could someone with more knowledge comment on this please?

Is Emacs on w32 currently using winsock for urls?