Re: More bugs in Custom themes

From: Per Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: More bugs in Custom themes
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 13:53:01 +0200

Luc Teirlinck <address@hidden> writes:

> Sorry for the delay in replying to this.
>
>    Could you please look at the code and see if the design is clear
>    to you?
>
> I have not had the time to study things in detail, but the design is
> certainly clearer than what it used to be.  Very non-trivial questions
> remain, like how Custom Themes is going to treat hooks and certain
> list variables.  At present, even without Themes, Custom has serious
> problems handling these, as we discussed earlier.

I don't believe it is a good idea trying to make Custom Themes solve
problems that Customize can't solve, such as merging of different
values for options.  Treat that as a problem orthogonal to theme
support, even though theme support makes it more urgent.

I.e. if three active themes all add a function to the the same hook
variable, only the function from the dominating theme will actually be
active.