Re: 22.0.50 SEGFAULT

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: 22.0.50 SEGFAULT
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 01:01:53 +0200

JD Smith <address@hidden> writes:

>>> GNU Emacs 22.0.50.3 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of
>>> 2005-07-14 on turtle.as.arizona.edu

Sorry, but I cannot see any reason why it fails from the data you sent me.

Something tells me that the gdb output isn't quite right,
as the references (buffer) object is the same for all of
these:

  p row->glyphs[area][i-1]  (if i > 0)
  p row->glyphs[area][i]
  p row->glyphs[area][i+1]

.. so why would it fail on [i] but not on [i-1].

My only suggestion to get to the bottom of this is to build emacs
without optimizations like this:

/configure "CFLAGS=-g -O0"    (that's letter O followed by digit 0).
make

[
alternatively, you can:
- cd src/
- edit Makefile changing CFLAGS= line to read CFLAGS=-g -O0
- rm *.o
- make emacs
]

and see if that makes a difference [it could actually result in
finding a different position of the crash...]