Re: Bad value to a defcustom makes choices unavailable

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Bad value to a defcustom makes choices unavailable
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:13:46 +0200

Luc Teirlinck wrote:

Lennart Borgman wrote:

Thanks Luc, but would it not be good if the choice menu were still available without adding this?

What value would it have to display?  The point of the `other' type is
to tell Custom what it needs to do if the actual value is not in its
list of choices.
Maybe I am misunderstanding you, but in my case I want another value than the available choices to be an error. I want the user to be able to correct this by choosing one of the available alternatives (ie if they were available).