Re: emacs & MAXPATHLEN

From: Sascha Wilde
Subject: Re: emacs & MAXPATHLEN
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 16:25:46 +0200

On Thu, Aug 04, 2005 at 01:13:48PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> >> <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_system>
> >> <URL:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_program>
> >
> > Lets have a look:
> >
> >     Operating system
> >     From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
> >
> >     In computing, an operating system (OS) is the system software
> >     [...]
[...]
> > ... and here we go, it's a "computer program" (what a surprise) --
> > your second link.  :)
>
> According to your reference interpreting skills, GNU/Linux would
> count as just "a computer program", too.

Well, not one, many -- but anyway just "computer programs".

Yes, that is exactly my point, I think Richard is right:
Linux is just a program "in the usual sense".

And I wanted to show, that even the URLs you posted say the same.
:-)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : VI is to EMACS as masturbation is to making love:
             : effective and always available but probably not your