help with GDB in Emacs

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: help with GDB in Emacs
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 09:11:31 +1200

Balaji V. Iyer writes:
 > Hi Everyone,
 >     This is a minor question, but how do I change the
 > line pointer in GDB to something like "=>" instead of
 > the usual small triangle?
 >
 > Any help is very appreciated.

You can do this by disabling the fringe.  The manual says:

Manual>   You can enable and disable the fringes for all frames using `M-x
Manual> fringe-mode'.  To enable and disable the fringes for the selected
Manual> frame, use `M-x set-fringe-style'.

Doing this means that code is sometimes overlayed with "=>" and breakpoint
icons display in the margin instead of the fringe (this cause the code to
shift to the right).

Why would you want to do this?  What problem do you see with the triangle in
the fringe?

Nick