Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 11:30:02 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

??? Perhaps this is a misunderstanding.  I didn't mean to say that
nothing has to be done to configure how mail is fetched from the
mailbox.  But that part is not specific to RMAIL: _any_ mail package
in Emacs will need to set this up, and the setup is (AFAIR) identical
no matter what Emacs mail front end you use.

Am I missing something?

(For the record: my mailbox is not local, I fetch my mail from gnu.org
machines using a Windows SSH client.)
Perhaps your missing that some of us just do not know how to do it. Could those of you that are using some mail client in Emacs on w32 perhaps post to the list and tell how this setup is done? Or if you think it is not relevant for this list post it to me and I will try to condense it to some useful instructions?