Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:42:35 +0200

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

probably a great many injustices occur when the decision making process
focuses purely on the technical or purely on the political.  wherever
there is choice, there is also beauty and ugliness, slack and coercion,
understanding and misunderstanding.  all these can be useful, although
perhaps only obliquely and only over time.

i am a sip of grappa from weeping over all this, so i'll stop now...
It is absolutely not wrong to talk politics. It is absolutely not wrong to talk technical things. But mixing the arguments must be done very carefully since it easy to mix logic and feeling when it you feel threatened. (Of course we have better concentrate most of the times on the technical issues here. But personally I feel it is good to know you are thinking in other dimensions too.)