Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:59:00 +0300

> Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:51:18 +0000 (UTC)
> From: "Robert J. Chassell" <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> I wish you would help more to change laws and social customs that
> apply to `high initial/low incremental' cost activities rather than
> support, even just a little, inethical laws and social customs.

Come on, now.  We are here only to help maintain Emacs.  If you don't
want my or Juanma's help just because we happen to use MS-Windows, or
not exactly agree with your particular interpretation of ethics, just
say so, and I can assure you won't hear from me again, ever.

Now, can we please drop this off-topic discussion?  I no longer have
CPU cycles left in my brain to wade through this endless heap of $0.10
philosophy.  I didn't spend half a century (some of it in quarters
where Microsoft-style monopoly would look like the Promised Land) ---
I didn't spent all that time thinking about freedom and its merits,
and working towards it, just to find myself staring at all this
verbiage that presumes to tell me something new.

_Please_ stop treating me like a teenage who is still not sure how to
tell right from wrong.

And PLEASE let us try from now on to invest our energy in goals we all
agree to and support, instead of wasting it on looking for areas of
disagreement and then beating them to death!  Didn't you learn from
your history classes that humanity succeeds whenever we look for
cooperation between well-meaning people, and invariably fails where
we, in the name of Higher Good, strive for confrontation among them?
(Yes, it's my turn to preach ;-)