Re: expt weirdness in floatfns.c

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: expt weirdness in floatfns.c
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 08:08:59 -0400

    i changed `Fexpt' so that:

      (expt 2 -2) => 0.25

I undid the change, because the comment said this was for Common Lisp
compatibility, and you hadn't got my ok.  (Also, this is consistent
with the way / works when given integers.)

However, given that Luc checked the Common Lisp spec and found that
the old behavior is not really like Common Lisp, that means the reason
to keep the old code is invalid.  So now I agree your change is an
improvement.

I can put it back in, or you can.