Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

From: emacs user
Subject: Re: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:08:36 -0400

Ehud, thnx for the reply; I didn't do any rebasing (don't know what that is), and the problem is that emacs crashes about every 5 minutes, mostly in latex mode when I use the combination of auctex/preview/x-symbol. very painful... I don't have any such difficulties when using precisely the same combination under linux.

Joe Buehler's advice is to use an old cygwin version. I was hoping for someone who might be interested in detailed bug reports, but perhaps this indeed is a cygwin issue not an emacs one...

thanks...  EU

From: "Ehud Karni" <address@hidden>

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 02:21:53 -0400, emacs user wrote:

> Hello, I find emacs to be very unstable under cygwin, crashing every couple
> of minures (both emacs 21.X and cvs emacs with and without gtk).  I
> submitted a few bug reports but received no reply. I was hoping to find the
> maintainer and interact directly with her/ him.  any advice?  EU

AFAIK Joe Buehler is maintaining Cygwin Emacs. But may be he is not
subscribed to address@hidden

Cygwin specific Emacs problems should be discussed on address@hidden,
not on address@hidden

What are your problems ?

May be you did rebasing (especially rebase all) - it is known to
have a negative effect on Emacs.

I work with both Emacs 21.2 (distributed with Cygwin, prepared by
Joe Buehler) and Emacs 22.0.50 (updated from CVS and compiled on
2005-08-01), both in terminal mode and on X, and they work fine.

Ehud.