Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:55:10 +0200

On 8/9/05, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

> Personally, I think really bad problems on Windows should at least
> delay the release of a Windows binary

Well, I obviously agree. I'd oppose as strongly as possible the
release of a Windows binary that crashes on (insert-image-file
"c:/test/image.png"), for example.

> Even if that means that such
> binaries will only appear with 22.2 or so.

Trouble is, if a problem is not fixed for 22.1, there's no guarantee
it will be fixed for 22.2+. The number of people hacking Emacs on
Windows is small and varies slowly.

I try to tackle every Windows problem I have an idea how to approach.
There are some where I'm just at loss. Take the problem with TCP/IP
servers and excessive CPU use, for example. The code for event
handling and polling and the like is complex. I'll try my hand at it,
but I don't have much hope.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u