Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:03:38 +0100

Nick Roberts wrote:

> As Richard has said that Emacs-on-Windows problems shouldn't delay the
> release, Lennart and I have been thinking of adding a file
> (tentatively named admin/FOR-RELEASE.W32) listing things that would be
> nice to have before releasing a binary tarball for Windows.
> > Of course, there's no guarantee any of the listed things would be
> implemented...
> > Any objection/addition/change to name/intent/contents?

In the admin directory, it seems fairly clear that FOR-RELEASE contains tasks
whose completion are currently considered a prerequisite for a release.  Since
this would not be the case for your proposed file, I suggest that it is called
TODO and placed in the nt directory.
nt is a directory for files that are part of the release. admin is the appropriate directory for this file of notes for developers, whatever its name.