Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 14:44:43 +0200

On 8/9/05, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

> These issues are being overblown.

Not what I intended, for sure.

> There are currently W32 specific
> issues worthy of delaying a release, of Emacs in general, or of W32
> binaries. If there are issues worthy of delaying release, then they
> belong in FOR-RELEASE.

Sorry, this is a contradiction in terms. Per Richard's comments,
stated publicly several times, there exists no such a thing as "w32
specific issues worthy of delaying a release of Emacs in general".

> If they are not worthy of delaying release, then
> they should be in a TODO file somewhere (a general one, or W32 specific
> depending on the general consensus).

OK. The general TODO is fine by me.

> Lets not pretend that there is an
> in between state of FOR-RELEASE.W32.

That's another contradiction: You yourself, in the paragraph quoted
above, have talked about things described as "w32-specific issues
worthy of delaying of a release [...] of W32 binaries." What is the
state for these issues, were they to exist?

All in all, what I want is to keep track of the issues somewhere other
than my e-mail client. TODO is fine. But let's be clear about it,
then: either an issue is general, and can delay a general release, or
it is Windows-specific, and can not delay even a binary release...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u