Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:19:26 -0400

    +    (define-key map [(f1)] 'isearch-help-for-help)
    +    (define-key map "\C-h" 'isearch-mode-help)
    +    (define-key map [(meta prior)] 'isearch-scroll-other-down)
    +    (define-key map [(meta next)]  'isearch-scroll-other-up)
    +    (define-key map [(prior)] 'isearch-scroll-other-down)
    +    (define-key map [(next)]  'isearch-scroll-other-up)

I think there are already too many useful keys that fail to exit
isearch as I expect them to.  (Yesterday the fact that M-c is special
in isearch caused me trouble.)  So I won't say yes to this.

I might perhaps say yes to part of it, after some discussion.

    +(defun isearch-mode-help-when-active()
    +  (interactive)

What is this function for?  What job does it do?
It needs to be explained.