Re: A few questions about desktop.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: A few questions about desktop.el
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:24:25 +0200

On 8/10/05, Lars Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:

> Shall I install the attached patch?

You got my vote. I've been testing it and everything seems to work,
even the corner cases of `highlight-changes-mode'.

BTW, another package that would benefit from special treatment is
bs.el, in particular the variable `bs-buffer-show-mark'. I usually
have documents loaded (like my TODO) that I mark as "never to be
shown". On restoring the desktop they should stay so. Adding the
variable to the locals-to-save list is easy enough, of course.

The only (very minor) problem is, if the only buffer you have is
marked as 'never, after restoring the desktop the file is shown. It
should instead show the default *scratch*, I think.

I'm not sure whether this can be fixed with a support function in bs,
though. Properly speaking, bs is not a minor mode, and in fact the
"*buffer-selection*" buffer is not being restored...

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u