Re: info.texi

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: info.texi
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 15:55:45 +0200

    The new node tree has three top nodes: `Getting Started' for novices,
    `Advanced' for advances users, and `Expert Info' with the description
    of Info internals.

In general this sounds quite good to me.  The current conglomeration has
always struck me as less than ideal.

Two thoughts:

- "edit document" seems "expert" to me.

- the search commands seem by far the most important to me.  In fact,
  they are the primary feature that (still) distinguishes Info from HTML
  etc.  So I would put them first in the Advanced chapter.  I also
  suggest putting Search Text before Search Index.

Thanks for all your work on this.

Karl