Re: Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:58:10 +0200

Juri Linkov wrote:

I would find it very helpful to be able to leave isearch-mode but keep the highlite. Is this something other would find helpful too?

There is already such an option: `lazy-highlight-cleanup'.
When nil, highlighting is not removed after the search.
You can use `M-x lazy-highlight-cleanup' to manually remove it.
Thanks, but that was not what I suggested. I suggested a key binding to leave the highlight after search. But maybe you just wanted to tell that it is possible to do this?

BTW, I use C-RET to exit the search without pushing the search string
into the search ring.  Very useful to not stuff the search history
with unnecessary search strings.
Yes, it seems useful to. It is kind of the same idea. I suppose you would not like this to be an option.