Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 10:28:18 -0400

    4) Renamed search-ring-update to isearch-ring-update so that it better
    fits together with isearch.

Lots of isearch options have names starting with search, so I would
prefer to keep the name of this one unchanged.

    2) Allows scrolling of the help window

I don't understand.  Would you please describe more clearly
the change in behavior that this leads to?

    1) Add help to the isearch prompt

I am not sure whether that is a good idea.
I think we should poll the users about it.

    3) Fixes a problem with the stack of commands after fetching a search
    command from the search command ring

I don't understand, what is a "stack of commands"?
This might be a necessary bug fix, but I would like to understand
at least a little what the bug is.