Re: Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: Leaving isearch-mode and keeping the highlite
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:41:26 +0000 (UTC)

Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman.073 <at> student.lu.se> writes:

> I would find it very helpful to be able to leave isearch-mode but keep
> the highlite. Is this something other would find helpful too?

Have you tried "M-x highlight-regexp"?  You could even write a wrapper to
fetch the last search string automatically.

Perhaps you want something like

   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/InteractiveSearch#CallOccurFromIsearch

I think these are far cleaner UIs than leaving isearch matches highlighted.