Re: Entering filenames with spaces

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Entering filenames with spaces
Date: 12 Aug 2005 20:55:01 -0400

David Reitter <address@hidden> writes:

> I respectfully agree for the UI reasons I mentioned before. Why not
> map 'x' to the completion function? After all, only a few file names
> have an 'x' in them!

traditionally, spaces in filenames break lots of unixoid tools, and were
thus generally shunned (finicky quoters excepted).  thus, any argument
based on favoring the many at the expense of the few will work both for
and against keeping the default binding, depending on the particulars of
the sampled demographic.  beware: that's what politicians do!

thi