replace-regexp-in-string bug?

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: replace-regexp-in-string bug?
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 14:17:17 +0200

I want to create a regexp out of an unknown string with spaces. I am not sure about the number of spaces in the actual string to match so I want to do a replacement like this:

   (replace-regexp-in-string "\s-+" "\s-+" "some space" nil t)

However this returns "some space" instead of "some\s-+space" which I expected. Is this a bug or am I misunderstanding the arguments in some way?