Recent changes to dired.el and info.el

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Recent changes to dired.el and info.el
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:01:48 -0500 (CDT)

One more remark on the following change:

2005-08-14  Thien-Thi Nguyen  <address@hidden>

            * dired.el: Fix dependency bug: Wrap `desktop-buffer-mode-handlers'
            modification in `eval-after-load' form.
            * info.el: Likewise.

I am suspicious about this because somebody else reported bugs
concerning `desktop-buffer-mode-handlers', info and dired that
definitely were only due to failure to update loaddefs.el.

Assuming the bugs your changes are supposed to fix are real and not
just a local problem (I can not understand why there should be a
dependency bug given the fact that `desktop-buffer-mode-handlers'
is autoloaded), there would very likely be similar problems in
hilit-chg.el, mh-e/mh-e.el and mail/rmail.el.  But let us first make
sure that the bugs you experience are not just a local problem and
that using `eval-after-load' is really necessary.

Sincerely,

Luc.