Re: Default position of the vertical scroll bar w/ GTK toolkit

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Default position of the vertical scroll bar w/ GTK toolkit
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:08:21 +0200

Henrik Enberg <address@hidden> writes:

> Emacs doesn't follow Gnome interface guidelines in any other regard, so
> I don't see why it should here.

In some ways it does, even if it's informal.  See for example the
changes that were made to the menu bar in Emacs 21, compared to what is
was in Emacs 20.  And the tool bar icons, etc.

GNOME is the GNU Desktop Environment, I think it makes sense to make
sure that Emacs blends in that environment, so that users can feel
comfortable with it.

(For the record, I don't use scroll bars, menu bars or tool bars
myself.)

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The world is a fine place,
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | and worth fighting for.