Re: Default position of the vertical scroll bar w/ GTK toolkit

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Default position of the vertical scroll bar w/ GTK toolkit
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:44:26 -0400

    Shouldn't vertical scroll bars be on the right side of the buffer when
    Emacs is built with the GTK toolkit?

No, Emacs should follow the user's settings (or its own defaults)
in the same way for all the tool kits.

    On Windows (and, as far as I know, on Mac OS), Emacs already places the
    scroll bar consistently with the user environment it's running in (i.e.,
    on the right).

That would seem to be a bug, but I don't care much about those systems.