Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: Avoiding moving point into minibuffer prompt area
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:53:18 -0500 (CDT)

Lennart Borgman wrote:

   I think it is quite confusing that you can move the point into the
   prompt area in the minibuffer.

What is confusing about that?  It has often saved me time by allowing
me to copy text from the minibuffer.  The code you propose would
unnecessarily waste people's time by imposing the dull work of typing
in that text manually upon them.  Why would one want to deliberately
destroy such a very useful feature?

Sincerely,

Luc.