RE: Emacs icons

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Emacs icons
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:23:50 -0700

    > The idea of using an E on a gnu is ok semantically.  Whether it looks
    > better than just an E, I am not sure.

    Attached is an idea ;-) It don't look too bad when resized as a 16x16
icon.

This could make an attractive _logo_, but it would _not_ work as a 16x16
icon, IMO (see attached). Clever combination of E with gnu head - bravo!
But, as Richard pointed out, that makes it hard to distinguish the E.

Let's not forget the story of "The Gnu Who Became a Mushroom" - that's an
invaluable icon lesson. If shrinking a gnu head can turn it into a mushroom,
there is no hope for shrinking E-gnus and other such artistic subtleties. In
particular, shrunken heads seldom appear brilliant.

16x16 is a hard nut to crack.