Re: address@hidden: Kill ring leak in winemacs macros]

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Kill ring leak in winemacs macros]
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 17:10:07 +0100

Stuart D. Herring wrote:

I realize I never did implement this -- can I get some opinions on which
of these approaches to follow?  So far my reasoning is that the
execute-kbd-macro path is simpler and cleaner, but the kill-functions path
is more transparent (as well as having the trivial advantage that it would
remain possible to permanently affect the interprogram-*-functions
variables from a keyboard macro).
I'm not convinced this change is a good one. What if your macro involves a call-process call to an external program that interacts with Emacs via the keyboard?