Mode line faces on ttys

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Mode line faces on ttys
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 14:55:24 +0200

Lately I've been seeing some strange behavior of the mode line on ttys,
apparently when you set the foreground of a face to a specific color the
background gets changed but the foreground remains unchanged.

For example, if you start emacs with `emacs -q -nw' then eval this:

   (set-face-foreground 'mode-line "red")

then the background of the mode line will go red, but the foreground
will remain black.  In the past (try in Emacs 21.4), the background
would remain unchanged and only the foreground would change.

I have an old Emacs image from June 10th where it still works, so the
change happened sometime between then and now...

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | I like the streets when
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | they're empty, I can make the