Re: Mode line faces on ttys

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Mode line faces on ttys
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 17:25:01 +0200

Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:

> This is correct.  Since mode-line has the non-nil :inverse-video
> attribute, its foreground and background colors should be inverted.

I see, thanks for the explanation.  It's somewhat confusing that setting
the face foreground actually changes the background on ttys--I
understand the logic, but it's surprising.

How are application writers supposed to handle this if they want the
mode line to "look similar" in X and on ttys?  Use `face-inverse-video-p'
to invert values if needed?

> Since this change causes questions, maybe it should be mentioned in
> etc/NEWS?

Definitely.

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | I used to think there is no