Re: Emacs icons

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 17:17:49 +0200

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

The big version of this icon looks nice, and the large E ought to be
readable.  However, there isn't enough color contrast between the purple
E and the dark background.
It is quite hard to understand which picture you are commenting. Could you please describe it a bit more?

I have tried to make some version in different colors from the pictures David sent. I only made one 16x16 version cause I only wanted to see if the E could be made recognizeable in that size. Since some people seem to have difficulties with the colors I used this test obviously failed ;-)

Please suggest other color combinations. I think color, light and saturation contrast should all be used. What works for you? What about others? Consider also that the icon should be possible to see on white background and on darker background. Maybe I should to show different background colors on the web page...