Re: Emacs icons

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Emacs icons
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 00:11:54 +0200

Frank Schmitt wrote:

If you want to create images in a vector format, you have to use a vector
based drawing tool, that means you have to leave Gimp behind and use
tools like Inkscape (this is the only mature free vector drawing program
I know but I'm no expert in this area).
And Incscape seems to be GNU too ;-)

Generally I still think we should give other groups a chance to offer
their ideas about the new icon. I mean, emacs-devel is read by coders
and not by artists. Of course many of the icons presented look really
nice, so there are people here who are both but still if you look at
the development of Gnome and KDE programs you will find out that there
are many people with exceptional artistic talents but with no talent for
(or no joy in) coding who like to contribute to free software
development.
A very good suggestion. But can you tell us where to send such an inquiry? Or perhaps you can do that yourself? As you know I have currently put up a web page with the ideas we have had so far. I guess that could be a useful starting point.