Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 23:30:48 -0500 (CDT)

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

   > That thread was mainly concerned with other stuff, but I believe the
   > only real problem was that "Describe Key" did not make it clear that
   > it also applies to menu items.

   The tooltip that pops up for that menu item does make this clear.

In my previous reply I misread this.  The tooltip does make _that_
clear.  But it does not clear up any of the misunderstandings caused
by two menu items that do exactly the same thing, but whose names (as
well as the mere fact that they are different menu items) suggest that
they do different things.

The point I made was that the only reason for the confusing
duplication was that "Describe Key" did not make clear that it also
described menu items, whereas "Describe Key or Menu item" does make
this clear, hence eliminating the need for the confusing duplication.

Sincerely,

Luc.