Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu

From: Luc Teirlinck
Subject: Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 07:46:03 -0500 (CDT)

Eli Zaretskii wrote"

   It seems Microsoft removed the "What's This" string and/or tooltip
   from the latest versions of Windows,

That was a smart decision.  They apparently forgot to update their
website, which is what confused me, but I guess they will eventually
get to that too.  So the only purpose of the "What's This?" string
would be for KDE users.  But to KDE users the feature means a very
different thing.  I do not have the very latest KDE version and hence
do not know whether KDE still uses the "What's This" menu item, or
whether they already followed Microsoft's example, as they should.

So what reason do we have to stick with an obsolete silly Microsoft
idea, which, to their credit, they realized was silly and corrected?

Sincerely,

Luc.