Re: custom-save-all leaves custom-file buffer

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: custom-save-all leaves custom-file buffer
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 11:25:47 +0100

On 27 Aug 2005, at 04:41, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

I wrote a cleaner patch to do a job like this, but I have not had time
to test it, so I have not installed it.  Can you test it?

OK, it works so far, but now custom-file turns up in the recentf list.
That was Eli's 05/08/12 patch was about:

Log message:
(custom-save-all, custom-save-delete): Bind recentf-exclude to exclude
        custom-file.

!       (let ((default-major-mode nil)
!         (recentf-exclude (if recentf-mode
!                  (cons (concat "\\`"
!                            (regexp-quote (custom-file))
!                        recentf-exclude))))
!     (set-buffer (find-file-noselect (custom-file))))