Re: literal newlines in @result{} strings

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: literal newlines in @result{} strings
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:27:19 +0300

> I am not sure what distinction you're making.  `\n' is alternative
> Lisp syntax for a literal newline.  Which one we use in writing a Lisp
> string is arbitrary, except when we're talking about print functions
> which use one or the other.

I meant that these functions return only a literal newline, not `\n'.
It might be confusing for readers of the reference manual when they
will try out an example and see that its real output is different from
the documented output in regard to newlines.  They might start to
search for an (AFAIK, nonexistent) option that toggles a literal newline
or `\n' in return values, or even to fill a bug report.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/