Re: Beginingless paragraphs

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Beginingless paragraphs
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 17:56:36 +0000 (GMT)

Hi, Emacs!

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Richard M. Stallman wrote:

>    >Do we need one?  Certainly in the Emacs Lisp manual we don't.
>    >It is a high-level concept used in just a few user-level commands.

>    I disagree most strongly here.  Hackers need to know how to set up
>    paragraph-s\(tart\|eparate\) so that they can make the canonical
>    paragraph commands behave the way they want them to.

>This is precisely what the Emacs Manual documents now.

I think "precisely" is an overstatement.

I'd find it helpful here if other people would step in and say how
they find the existing documentation of paragraphs, paragraph-start and
paragraph-separate.

If others also find it confusing and obscure, then it should be improved,
and I'm willing to do the improving.

If, on the other hand, others can read and understand it without too much
difficulty, then it's my personal problem which I'll have to deal with
myself in private.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)