Re: literal newlines in @result{} strings

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: literal newlines in @result{} strings
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 21:42:03 -0400

    What I mean is that printed representation of the result of evaluation
    (which is displayed in the echo area, or inserted into the buffer) contains
    a literal newline instead of `\n'.  So after evaluating examples from
    the manual users will see different results when examples of output
    contain `\n' in the manual, and the real displayed output contains
    literal newlines.

That is plausible.

However, I asked people NOT to have a discussion of this,
because it is not important enough to be worth the time.
I made a decision in my first message on the subject.
Can we please stop this discussion?