RE: make `occur' use word at point as default

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: make `occur' use word at point as default
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 19:01:31 -0700

        There is currently a good deal of redundancy in the
        bindings for `next-history-element' and
        `previous-history-element'. These minibuffer history-list
        commands are bound to *FOUR PAIRS* of keys: (1) arrows [up] /
        [down], (2) C-n / C-p, (3) M-n / M-p, and (4) [next] /
        [prior]. (Well, actually, [prior] is then rebound to
        `switch-to-completions'.)

    C-n and C-p do not run these commands; they do the usual cursor motion.

You're right. My bad.

    NEXT could conceivably be used to access another default.
    But I think it would be more convenient to add it to the list for
    C-p to access.

I don't understand the last sentence. Do you mean add the [next] key to some
list? What list? Do you mean C-p or M-p? Sorry, I don't follow you here.