Re: Buffer menu fix

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Buffer menu fix
Date: 06 Sep 2005 04:09:03 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> There must be some kind of misunderstanding here.  I understand that
> you need to know where the mouse was clicked, but that information is
> stored in the mouse event that invokes the function, so if you use
> `(interactive "e")', you will have access to that information inside
> the function.  Given this, what information is thrown away?

in this case, `column' is not in character units, but a small integer,
like 1, 2, 3.  for single-func approach (which is cleanest, IMHO), you
can put column-specific info that cannot be gleaned from the interactive
spec into a text property under a known-agreed-upon property name.  thus
the event carries location info and the location carries all the rest.

thi