RE: where-is-internal question

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: where-is-internal question
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 13:04:38 -0700

    (define-key some-map [remap self-insert-command] 'my-command)

This really should be for help-gnu-emacs, but, since you've already been so
helpful...

What is a good way to "undo" this remapping? Looking at the doc (info), it
looks as if I cannot then do this:

    (define-key some-map [remap my-command] 'self-insert-command)

(The doc says that "remapping only works through a single level" and that
you can only remap an "ordinary binding".)

IOW, if I have a mode (e.g. minor mode) that does the remapping, what's a
good way to put things back the way they were in `some-map' (assuming that
map exists independently of the mode)?