Re: where-is-internal question

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: where-is-internal question
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:41:36 -0400

    IIRC, the problem probably is that with command remapping,
    where-is-internal in 22.x has to lookup the key binding for each
    command to see if it remapped -- in the normal case (where a command
    only has a few bindings), the penalty is neglible, but for
    self-insert-command specifically, that will be time consuming.

Could you show me where the code is that does this?
Maybe I can speed it up with some sort of memoization.