Re: Options menu is broken on CVS

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Options menu is broken on CVS
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 22:41:46 -0400

    It seems to be due to this change:

    2004-03-13  Eli Zaretskii  <address@hidden>

            * emacs.c (main): Call syms_of_xmenu only if HAVE_MENUS is defined.

    I guess it hasn't been noticed before because, although people may use tmm,
    most use a version of Emacs thats compiled with X (or at least HAVE_MENUS).

    I haven't reverted this change because it must be there for a reason.  Eli?

Eli is surely right that this change fixed a bug.  However, this shows
that the bug has to be fixed a different way.

Perhaps the best way to find out what the bug was is to revert the
change; then someone will see that bug again, and someone can write a
new fix for it.