Re: Options menu is broken on CVS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Options menu is broken on CVS
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:46:25 +0300

> Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 14:50:55 +0300
> From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> My interim conclusion is that the changes back in 2004 were not the
> one that caused the current problem.  I will dig some more to
> understand what is the real cause of that, and describe my findings
> here.

I debugged this.  It's like you said earlier in this thread:

  This change

  2005-08-26  David Reitter  <address@hidden>

          * menu-bar.el (truncate-lines, write-file, print-buffer)
          (ps-print-buffer-faces, ps-print-buffer, split-window):
          Disable menu items when the frame they refer to is invisible, or when
          they refer to a buffer and the minibuffer is selected.

  will break things if you try to access one of these functions from the menubar
  having configured --without-x.

The problem is indeed that this change caused the menus to reference
menu-updating-frame, which is not defined in the non-X version.

I installed a change that avoids referencing that variable on
non-multiframe displays.  Ismail, please check that the new version
works for you.