Re: Options menu is broken on CVS

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Options menu is broken on CVS
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:54:10 -0400

    > In ChangeLog it can be useful to mention the date and sender of the
    > bug report.  That would be brief, but enough to find the discussion
    > straightforwardly.

    If the discussion was in a public mailing list, a URL of the message
    that started the thread would IMHO be a better way of pointing to it.

The date and sender are in the message--the URL is not.  It would be
too difficult to find the URLs and put them in the change log.
(Would you want to find the URLs for me?)