Re: Options menu is broken on CVS

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Options menu is broken on CVS
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 02:54:00 -0400

    I don't think it's right to compile and link in xmenu.c on platforms
    where menus are not supported on the C level.  If we want to show
    keyboard equivalents in tmm, we should find another way of gleaning
    them, without calling x-popup-menu.

I see no reason to duplicate this code.  If x-popup-menu can operate
at run time, for this limited purpose, without a window system, it
should not be hard to make it do the same job when compiled without a
window system.