Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch

From: Romain Francoise
Subject: Re: Release timelines and Unicode2 branch
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 07:39:51 +0200

"Chong Yidong" <address@hidden> writes:

> (2) Fix recognition of shell's `dirs' command.

> I installed tcsh, turned on command echoing, and was unable to get the
> `dirs' command confused.  Let's just close this, unless someone else
> is seeing the problem.

I can reproduce it with bash and 'stty echo', or with zsh.  We installed
a change in 2003 that is supposed to fix the problem but doesn't work in
all cases.  I spent some time a few weeks ago to try to find a fix but
failed; I plan to work on this again in the near future as motivation
allows...

--
Romain Francoise <address@hidden> | The world is a fine place,
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | and worth fighting for.