Re: Crash on invalid cons_free_list

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Crash on invalid cons_free_list
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:52:09 +0200

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> [I sent this to emacs-pretest-bug a few days ago, but it didn't seem
> to arrive.  I think my email system was flaking out at the time.]
>
> I installed VM to and played around with it trying to make the
> string_free_list/compact_small_strings crash happen.  I got a crash on
> an invalid cons_free_list; dunno if that's related.

It seems that most of the crashes triggered by VM are somehow related
to mapcar -- and in this case a mapcar called inside mapatoms.

Can you deduce what functions are run here, and see if they
do something special, e.g. intern new symbols or something
else which manipulates symbols, conses, or strings...